41 And falling into a place where two seas met, they ran the ship aground; and the forepart stuck fast, and remained unmoveable, but the hinder part was broken with the violence of the waves.
If we were to associate the “two seas” as both being negative, creating a place of shipwreck where they meet, we could then present some strong evidence for conflicts…
– Ignorance and Error (when ignorance of the Truth meets someone teaching false doctrine, you have a shipwreck)
- Rom. 10:3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
- 2 Peter 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
- Romans 16:17-18 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. 18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
- 1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
- 2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
– Dissatisfaction and Discord (people get dissatisfied from time to time… pair them up with someone sowing discord and division and you have a shipwreck)
- Revelation 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
- Proverbs 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
- 2 Samuel 15:6,13 Absalom behaved in this way toward all the Israelites who came to the king asking for justice, and so he stole the hearts of the men of Israel… A messenger came and told David, “The hearts of the men of Israel are with Absalom.”
– Incontinence (lack of self-control) and Temptation (when an individual who has not mastered their flesh is met with temptation of sin, you have a shipwreck)
- 2 Timothy 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent (lacking self control), fierce, despisers of those that are good,
- James 1:14-15 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
- Josh 7:21 When I saw among the spoils a goodly Babylonish garment, and two hundred shekels of silver, and a wedge of gold of fifty shekels weight, then I coveted them, and took them; and, behold, they are hid in the earth in the midst of my tent, and the silver under it.
- 2 Samuel 11:2-4 One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, 3 and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, “Isn’t this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite?” 4 Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her. (She had purified herself from her uncleanness.) Then she went back home.
– Change and Liberalism (when someone who is given to “dangerous” change is met with a liberal or extra-biblical doctrine, you have a shipwreck)
- 1 Samuel 8:5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations. (Some want change)
- Proverbs 24:21 My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and meddle not with them that are given to change:
- 2 John 1:9-11 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take him into your house or welcome him. 11 Anyone who welcomes him shares in his wicked work.
- Philippians 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;