Barna Group, a research group from California that studies trends in the church, recently published the following statistics about youth in America’s churches:
- Current trends show that on 4% of young people will be evangelical believers by the time they are in their 30’s compared to 34% of adults today who are.
- 3 out of 4 kids will leave the church when they turn 18 and never return
- 86 % of kids watch supernatural-themed movies or television shows on a regular basis
- 73% have engaged in at least one type of psychic or witchcraft-related activity
- 25% have played some type of game featuring sorcery or witchcraft
- 10% have participated in some type of sÃ©ance
- 25% have had their palm read or their fortune told